MOV is a MPEG – 4 is a common multimedia file format often used for saving movies and other video files in Apple QuickTime player. It uses proprietary compression algorithms developed by Apple Corporation; the main advantage of MOV file is the capability to enclose abstract data reference for media files, which means that can be easily edited and no requirement to rewrite all media data after reference. Though these files are quite often found in Web and to play then on Windows OS based system one have to install extra component or converter to another format.
In spite of having advantage features at times MOV stored in Mac or Windows system may get corrupt \ damage due to some technical glitches or unforeseen human errors. To know how these files get damaged, consider this real time scenario:
Hello guys, I usually use to shoot videos on special moments with my digital camera having 32 GB memory card. However, yesterday I observed that my memory card is almost full so to make room in card I transferred few important video files to system which is having .mov file extension and after sometime when I tried to play these videos in QuickTime player, all the files are producing some wired message stating Missing Codec” and even I tried to play these movies in other player but for my bad luck same error message. Now I am not able to understand what went wrong with videos, so please someone assist me the simple way and best solution for repairing MOV files! Well in advance thanks a lot….
Hey, your files are corrupted so they are not playing in any media player and displaying error message. But no need to get worry because you can easily fix all the issue related to MOV files just by making use of this reliable MOV file fixer software. This utility is designed with automatic repair option, which separates out video and audio data streams and later adjoins them in order to create relevant playback movie file.
Most Common Reasons in Which MOV Files get Corrupt \ Damage are Highlighted Below:
- MOV Header Corruption: Header plays a very vital role as it encloses all necessary information related to particular file such as size, date of file creation, last modification time with date, etc. Generally, header gets corrupt when your computer abnormally turn off at the time when MOV file is in playing mode or any sort of interruptions while downloading it from internet. Under these two circumstances it might get damage and finally displays error message or even fails to play.
- Round Tripping: Frequently changing the file format of MOV sometimes results in corruption scenario. Normally, user changes the file format of files because of some reasons such as for making compatible in Smartphone’s, uploading purpose, etc.
- Interruption in Transfer Process: While transferring MOV files from computer \ laptop to external storage device or vice versa, if any type of interruption happens like sudden PC let down due to unexpected power surge or abrupt ejection of external device from system during file transfer process, at times results in corruption issue.
- Virus Infection: Hazardous viruses such as Trojan, Malware, Adware or Spyware attack on system or MOV damages the complete structure of file and lastly makes them unplayable.
Apart from above mentioned scenarios there are few more factors like playing MOV files on unsupported media player, file system corruption, improper recovery, downloading error, sharing movies or video file over network, etc. Once they get damage due to any reasons, it will display some of the following error message:
- The movie contain incorrect duration
- Could not able to reach the end of file
- The format is not supported
- The file is not an MOV format
- Invalid atom was found in movie and many more.
Whatsoever might be the reason behind MOV corruption, don’t get infuriate because with the help of this MOV repair software, you can effortlessly repair severe corrupted movies on chief versions of Windows OS based laptops \ desktops (Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP) and Mac OS X (Mavericks, Leopard, Lion, Snow Leopard, Yosemite, Mountain Lion, etc). This application even has the ability to repair severe damaged MOV files on external hard drive, USB drive, memory cards, memory sticks, FireWire drive, etc. without any difficulty. It efficiently repair corrupted movie files that has been captured from hi tech multimedia digital camera, Camcorders of different brands. The tool even facilitates “Find” option to search single file based on its signature, size, date, modified, etc. It supports repairing movie files on FAT 16, FAT 32, HFS X, HFS +, NTFS, ExFAT, NTFS 5 file systems utmost ease that too in short span of time.